Thursday, August 25, 2005

Earthlings!! Behold!

Hey! I am quite surprised! I am actually blogging!... Now. wait. Where was I? ....... Yeah! One of my friends, whom I met in an online community said that she was a down-to-earth person. The immediate thought that flashed across my mind (for regular readers of my rambles, ... yeah! I changed it to flashing mode... now don't disturb my flow!) was.... "Hey! Everyones down-to-earth" . I mean, every human being is down on earth! Now I feel stupid! Infact I also bet that u too feel the same about me! "Hey Moron! Thatz a figure of speech!"

I think I would have done wonders if I had studied archeology! When something sounds stupid and also makes me feel stupid, I start digging into itz root. "You should have been a tree!.. that would atleast help you dig deeper,with your own roots" So, I start searching for the root behind the figure of speech 'Down-to-Earth'.

I guess it all started with the figure of speech that indirectly meant, that a man was too proud or haughty. It is 'His nose is in the air'. Now when someone says your nose is in the air, he also means indirectly that he hates you! Now thatz a different subject.. I am digressing.

Coming back. When the nose is in the air, it automatically means that your 'head is held high', which in turn means that your head is not on the ground but is above it! Right?!!
So, I assume that , ' Down-to-earth' means, your head is not above the ground!

Once again, my brain/mind (both are the same according to me) flashes! I am immedialtly reminded of an ostrich. People working for the National Geographic have given affidavits that Ostriches bury their head into the ground when it sees an enemy (who else, but predators! .. No , no not the arnold movie! ) approaching it.
So, does that mean that ostriches are also down to earth, when they are threatened or frightened? But again! Ostriches have very very tiny brains in their tiny head.
Borrowing some of Darwin's theory, I am hereby presenting a corollary. Ostriches have elongated necks because........ their brains are so light that they float in air, which in turn resulted in their present looks!

Assuming that this corollary is correct (Of course it is correct! This is my blog and I write what I want !), how can ostriches be 'down-to-earth'? Itz actually 'light headed'!

Hey hey hey!... Does this mean, what I think it means? Does that mean that all the proud people are morons? I mean, just connect these two.... Proud people , hold their head high in air, and foolish people are refered (by nuetral people) to as light headed and a light head floats , which means it is held high in air!!!

Whew!....
Shakespear and Darwin would have adored me! Pity I wasn't born in the rennaisance period....
Hey I left Newton... He too would have been proud of me! I would have held my head high in air!
"Hey .. Damn you!..Leave this place , it has caused an extensive and mass death"


PS: All the quotes in double quotes were made by my alter ego.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home