Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Bus...!!! Stop!! < Get it? >

Traveling in a train is a fancy that any kid will nurture. It is fun. There are many reasons for it. It makes the rhythmic beat, it is faster than the average automobile and it has lots of space to run around. The mix of sugar and caffeine fluids sold during the journey makes them high. This further increases the excitement.

Hey, this sounds like an article written by a child psychologist. Whatz ur point? ............ Duh... It is like this. I was traveling by an electric train the other day.
SO?!!!

Whatever....

Then, there is this bus. On roads, I prefer my ever present scooter. A kinetic honda. It is a very old model, almost a collector’s edition. It gives a mileage of probably 10 or 12, which is relatively low for a 2 wheeler (Cycles are not considered). ..... Yeah.. about these buses. I stand in the grueling heat, waiting for all the smoke machines to pass. I have to cross the road with my collectible. The road is almost clear, expect for one lone 50 cc vehicle which was bought getting some loan, increases the average decibel level of the area. It announces itz arrival with a loud “VRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr”, that a blind man would think it was a Harley Davidson. I wait for it to pass. It moves past me. My ancestral origin is now being questioned. I had become black. My countenance is reflected in the mirror. I get shocked. I was afraid that my pigments had mutated. I rub my face with my hand. Now my palm pigments get mutated. It took a while to realize that it was coke. Yeah, it is pure black carbon, right out from the loaned vehicle. I am relieved.

My head makes a 30 degree twist on the XZ plane once again to see if any other gene mutating aliens came by. There it was! It could be seen from a very long distance and I trembled on the mere thought of crossing the road. It was a magical vehicle. It defies the laws of physics. It has a huge TIN body, which weighs a ton. It is not statically or dynamically balanced, but still it stays curiously on top of 6 wheels. I doubt if those so called wheels are really wheels, because a wheel is supposed to be circular. But this one is a mix between oval and a rhombus. But still, it manages to move on the road. It carries a huge load of Homo sapiens. Their origin now comes of good use. Their natural instincts to climb trees and swing from branch to branch have slightly been improved by the development of mankind’s brain. Instead of using their arms and physical prowess to jump from tree to tree, they are now just clinging on to their invention to move from place to place.

In the national geographic channel, I have often seen lions and their life history. A new mom, (lioness) after doing its duties to itz cubs, it pretends to ignore them. It just keeps walking away, while the cubs hamper around and behind the lioness to grab her attention. This is exactly how the bus moved. As it ignored all the smaller vehicles around it, the smaller automobiles hampered around the bus to somehow squeeze thro the small, but, hopeful gap that the bus provides in the space it occupies on the road.
As the bus crosses the road, a small light of hope passes my face. I can cross the road at last! But no.... the less fortunate vehicles that couldn’t find their gap in overtaking the bus (and as in any group, the less fortunate are in large numbers!) , honk and obediently follow the bus. As they bus goes a long distance, all the smaller vehicles also clear the road. Good!

I cross the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home