Saturday, September 03, 2005

Star gazing....

No no no no.. this has nothing to do with Hollywood, bollywood, kollywood or robinhood....and for your info it has nothing to do with stars either. Not even real twinkle twinkle little stars.

Today is a very special day for the astronomers and astrologers (both are the same according to me.....astronomer looks at the sky, astrologers look at the kai (hand)... thatz the only difference) . Today is the day when Jupiter and Venus come together. They are seen with the naked eye. U don't need telescope. All u need is a good scope to watch it. Almost all the channels are frenzy about this discovery. And people for once leave their Mega serials and cinemas to watch this spectacle.SO?.. I mean... just view this from a higher perspective. They are just two planets. Two large boulders revolving around a huge ball of fire. Thatz it. Whatz the big deal? My sister calls up, my aunt calls up, my paati couldn't call up because her cell phone couldn't get signal and my mom called from downstairs to watch these two chunks of useless things come together. I get pushed and cajoled into watching that. I have to survive in this community.

Then at last, after unlocking some 45674 locks, I go to my terrace. According to the experts, stars and planets are better seen from a height. I am just below 6 feet and I argue to these experts that I can watch it from just below six feet above the ground, they never mentioned the exact height, but..... NO! I have to watch it from the terrace. As mentioned before, I landed up on my terrace. It is the least visited place in my life. Just like anacondas hate Antarctica, I hate my terrace. It is a vast place, with no vegetation and human lives. But today, it was bustling with activity. Yeah, I could spot one life form. ME.

I get a feeling of sitting in a horror movie. I twist and turn, but I am yet to find those monsters. I know it is in there somewhere, but I can't see it. The irony is , u can see it only when it is dark. I could see coconut trees and other unknown vegetation looming below me (I am in the terrace, remember?). A chilling breeze blew across my face. This breeze pushed my face like a wind boat and then slowed down. My face faced the south-west direction. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I spotted them! Yes!

It was like seeing two evil eyes that gleam out of a thicket. But there was no thicket here. Only the dark sky and those eyes.

They stare at me. I stare at them. I kept staring and they kept staring back. My eyes starts to dry a bit. The natural mechanism in my eyes sprayed a bit of salty water in my eyes. Itz a bit too much. The water overflows. I lost! I blinked my eyes, while those evil eyes didn't blink even for a second. Then I realized. They were planets and they don't blink! (Twinkle)
So, after a succesful mission on planet- TRS, I come back to earth. I locked all the doors (security reasons) and came downstairs. My mom was jumping up and down. I thought the gravity had reduced to 4.5 on earth (rather than 9.8). Then, I began to wonder if this was earth or moon! Did the experts shift my house to the moon to have a better look? (Moon is at a greater height. if u want a proof. You don't look straight or below the ground to spot the moon, do u? U stare in the upward direction. So............ the moon is at a greater height! ) .

No. They didn’t. It was just my mom on earth, asking me the mission minutes. What could I say? That I saw them? I couldn't. I had to make it exciting and thrilling. So I went into the details. I told her that the planets were extremely good looking. It is the best thing on earth (though they are not on earth) and all those people who couldn't , wouldn't and didn't want to see it were all not blessed and so on and so forth.... My mom was happy. Then I had to recall my adventures with some more exciting additions to my sister, aunt and paati (Paati, apparently called up, when I was in the mission) .They were all happy.

What makes them happy? Those planets? No! Definitely not. It was me, who watched those planets, which made them happy. They were all happy because I had endorsed their discovery as an amazing and scintillating one!
Thus ends the 1st episode of Star trek (To heck with it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home