Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Small Medium at Large

After patiently waiting for 7 months ( or was it 8?!!) , my hair grew to astounding lengths. The middle portion of my head was covered with long tangles of hair, while the humbler hairs that prefered to grow on the said of my head, curled up my ears. After all this careful nurturing, I sported a leonine appearance. I looked like a gentlelion (in relation to gentleman), i.e.: I was clean shaven, but with lots of mane on top of my head.
Then one day, the members of my pride started complaining. They weren't too happy about my looks. The older members of my pride came near me, felt my head and gave a disgusting grunt and left the place. It is my own theory that the geriatrics is always jealous, when it comes to grabbing attention. If they don't get attention, they will pull it towards them, by criticizing the person who gets it. The younger generations always like mavericks. They simply adored my look. They gave all kinds of allusions and they dreamed that one day, when they are old enough they can also grow their hair. Their only aim in life would be to grow big, so that they can grow hair.
I was numb to all these things. I held my head high in front of those cubs and camouflaged when the older came by. But due to year’s o experience they had gathered they usually spot me and grunted their disapproval. This grunting slowly morphed into whining, which in turn morphed into a low growl.... until one day , they let out their loudest and most fierce some growl! They adamantly wanted my hair to be cut.
I obliged....
I walked up to the place. It was dark. I entered a room. It was a saloon. Those waiting to have their hair cut gave a ha-ha-ha-ha-so-u-have-also-been-forced-to-have-a-hair-cut look, while those who already had a hair cut gave a mixed look of jeolousy (because of my hair) and pity (for I was soon gonna lose it! ). I sat down on a stool and awaited my turn, like a goat that was gonna be sacrificed.
For those who have not witnessed goat sacrifice, I will give you a detailed account. The plumpest goat among the lot is selected. By this time the goat senses that something is wrong, and refuses to come. It stands stubbornly on the ground, but the man's physical strength is more than the goats. The goat gets nicely dressed (not dressed as in cooking, but dressed as in to please the Gods--- after all they like a well dressed goat) and placed on the altar. Water is sprayed onto the face and then................................................SWISH! (Rating PG: Some scenes are not healthy for children)
Now that you have a complete account of what happens during a sacrifice, lemme come back to my story. The barber looked around to the select the person with most hair. His evil eyes scan the place. Alas! His eyes are fixed on me. I quickly think of something and politely ask the person next to me to go. That person gives a pleading look in his eyes and turns his head away from me. The barber still hasn't taken his eyes off me. I am given no other choice. I walk up to the chair. The barber then takes a white cloth and wraps it around me ( I bet his eyes glinted with evil ) .He takes out his gun and points it at my head. I begin to shiver. His fingers are on the trigger.....................................................PPpppsssssssssssssppspsssssssttttt. The water from the can is sprayed on my head.
Like a huge lawn mower running berserk, the barber utilized all his skill acquired over the years to mow my hair. After 20 agonizing minutes, I look into the mirror in front of me. My previous leonine appearence now looked more simian.
My face had become big, my ears were protruding, my eyes were smaller and.... my hair was short. I pay him for his work and look longingly at my friends who were looong dead. They had stayed with me for 7 long months (or was it 8?) and never did they let me down.
I return back to my house where I was greeted with extreme joy! They were jumping, looking happy and bubbling with energy. They were behaving like monkeys. Actually they looked like monkeys.... Oh my God! It is too late.. They are monkeys! I had been fooled! They were actually monkeys in lions clothing. Damn!

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM , Blogger MechaniGal said...

lol!!! too good!!! is it some new fashion among u fellas to grow ur hair??? for once i agree with the simians!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home